Why is it so hard to legally download things?



I have become dependent on my “Breaking Bad” fix.  It’s a tv series about a chemistry high school teacher diagnosed with terminal cancer who decides to cook meth as a means to earn enough money for his wife, son and daughter to live a comfortable life after he’s gone.

 I’m an absolute addict. Just as the show depicts meth heads craving their next hit, I’m at work counting down the minutes, itching and biting my nails at 5 to 5, gagging to get home and watch Walt and Jesse self destruct in their next big venture.



A friend gave me seasons 1-4 and I have been staying up to the wee hours of the morning on the edge of my seat, covering my eyes then rewinding to see what I was too scared to watch the first time round, and I’m finished.

I’m out, and my flatmates and I have the withdrawal symptoms bad. We sat in silence for about 20 minutes after the end. Depressed that we wont have it to look forward to after a hard day’s work. We knew that there was a season 5, and seeing that we are against downloading illegally we looked it up on itunes.

It isn’t available from the New Zealand itunes store so it directed us to the American store where our apple ids don’t work. Last time I checked, I thought one of the greatest things about the internet was that it was supposed to break down geography? Aren’t we meant to be living in a global village?

ARG ITUNES - why aren't you accepting my money???


 A google search, “how to download breaking bad season 5 legally” only brought up illegal options. We don’t want to break the law but we were very tempted to “break bad” and illegally download our favourite series – I mean there wasn’t really much option? Buy it as a DVD and wait for it to be delivered all the way from America – we could be waiting weeks. And dependant people want their fix instantly dammit!

It seems strange to me that it’s so easy to download illegally yet so hard to find a legal way to download our favourite tv show... We want to “do the right thing” yet we don’t really have the option to – is there a way that I don’t know about? It wouldn’t surprise me – I’ve only just discovered spotify (amazing) where their adverts tell me, “piracy is so old fashioned” and artists make money from me listening to their music for free....       

Comments

  1. Sweet, season 5 breaking bad is out, I love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is probably too late and too dumb of a fix(as we say in persian : arrival of the medicine after the dying died) but maybe you could've tried netflix? and i'm sure by now you've watched the last season anyways (legally or illegally). have you checked Homeland out yet? check it out if you want another thriller to keep you on your toes but with a completely different story/atmosphere.
    Hossein

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya Hossein! Yeah, I have seen the first half now! Can't wait for the second! I've seen the first season of Homeland and absolutely loved it - the second season is on NZ tv now, but haven't got into it for some reason... will have to again!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Boiling with anticipation to travel again

Life without Facebook.

Cooking Up a Storm.